Thursday, December 29, 2005

Those were the days.....

This article from today's Standard reminds me of my morning commute years ago...

I used to live over in South Horizons in the days before the bridge was dual carriageway and in the days when the only bus service into South Horizons was the 590...

I used to start work at about 6:30am so would catch the first bus out in the morning...about 5:30am or so...in the winter I would sit in this moving fridge wrapped up in (and I am not exaggerating)..normal winter clothes - jeans, boots, jumper etc plus...a jacket, a coat, a scarf, gloves and a woolly hat with the wonderful addition of a hot water bottle stuck up my jumper and a flask of hot tea....I looked like a giant, moving pile of clothes...but it was the only way to survive the 25 minute trip...the worst part was getting off the bus into the MTR to go across to Kowloon and then having to take off the many layers because it was so warm down in the lower reaches of the MTR station!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Oswald said...

Quite useful data, thank you for this article.
Toronto movers | Calgary apartment rent | furniture stores Tampa

10:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home