Monday, October 03, 2005

Cables, Cats and Pilots.....

I had a great day yesterday....I went out and explored Intramuros, spent about 6 hours wandering around taking photos and learning about Manila's early history and in particular about Jose Rizal...literally following in his last footsteps..although I ended up at the Sky Lounge at the Manila Diamond Hotel having a few cocktails, reading my newly purchased copy of El Filibusterismo and watching the sun set over the bay...I will write about all that at a later stage....but today...just a few odds and sods....

The posts of cables that are on most street corners here are amazing...but I don't often get the chance to stand underneath and take photos...yesterday I did....




Intramuros is a very peaceful area of town and so I saw my first moggies roaming the streets...within Fort Santiago they are obviously a little more spoiled than your average street kitty....these ones were tucking into some chicken whilst some stall owners looked on almost adoringly....


This hunter was in the hedges at Casa Manila....his prey...another cat which was probably about twice the size of him and looked like he had come out on top in quite a few scraps...


And the pilots....no photographs...but this link via Simon World....scary...and yet amusing...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Brice said...

Really useful information, thanks so much for the article.
leather keyboard case for tablets | led spot light bulb | hero h7000 | laptop pc with wifi | android 2.2 touchscreen tablet

6:48 pm  
Anonymous Erik said...

To my mind one and all must browse on it.
walk in clinic | pictures of gold | owl jewelry

4:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home