Saturday, August 27, 2005

Wedding Festivities....

This afternoon my brother had his wedding run through at the village church....and afterwards to the parental house for afternoon tea....thirteen people made up of...one Spaniard, one Dutchman, three Russians, one Pakistani and four Englishmen and three Scots - this will be a fairly multicultural wedding...particularly for this very Anglo-Saxon area of the British Isles!

My parents have been worrying about the Pakistani-Russian / Muslim-Russian- Orthodox "issues" that my brother's wedding is raising for them...unfortunately for my brother he feels that my parents disapprove of him not marrying 'a nice English girl', given how lovely his future wife is and given how cosmopolitan her family I wish they would not make their feelings quite so obvious...anyway...by this time tomorrow it will all be over and I will have a 'sister-in-law'! It does seem a bit of a tall order from my parents to bring both of us up overseas, filling us with knowledge of different cultures and countries and then expect us to settle down with someone from Sussex!!!

Anyway, the weather looks set fair...although knowing Britain anything could happen! So tomorrow should be a great wedding!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home