Thursday, August 25, 2005

Things not to do if you are scared of heights...

Lesson 1...


The London Eye







Given that I am terrified of heights this was probably not the best idea….however in the eternal hunt for some good photographic material I’ll try anything once…..I was actually ok with the trip for about the first 5 minutes and then two things happened….the first was the damn thing stopped….for 15 minutes…during which time I lost my nerve completely and ended up sitting on the bench in the middle staring at my knees! The second thing that happened was that during the 15 stationary minutes….I started to wonder what happened to the cabin when we went ‘over the top’ of the wheel….for some reason I got it into my head that the cabin would swing violently into another position….more panic!!! Anyway…it did eventually get moving and no, it doesn’t swing! Although the views were beautiful and it was fantastic to see London from 'on high'...I’ve done it now and there really is no need to do it again!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Decades ago, I had acrophobia before I got my pilot's license.

But one day, I went to a very tall cliff (not in Hong Kong), and stood over the edge while I closed my eyes.

"Worst come worse," I said to myself, "I will probably fall off and die. No big deal!"

When I opened my eyes, my feet were dangerously on the edge. I looked down, and never had the fear again.

Hope you can try the above yourself. But hey, don't blame me if things screw up!

Cheers!

7:16 am  
Blogger Jakartass said...

Brave lass.

I too suffer somewhat from acrophobia even though I tower over most Indonesians. It doesn't help that the one place in our office for a quick ciggie is a small balcony on the 8th floor.

So why do I want to try sky diving?

Pride before the fall?

1:07 pm  
Anonymous Elmer said...

Quite worthwhile information, thanks so much for the post.
charlotte regional medical center | halitosis | chest pains anxiety

6:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home