Monday, May 09, 2005

We'll weather the weather, whatever the weather, we'll weather the weather together.....

I love weather like this...wild, strong and very invigorating!

One of my best 'hikes' in Hong Kong was when I was living in DB and working at an exhibition....(this was pre tunnel in DB), I woke up in the morning to go to work and found the number 8 was up, there had been no warning the night before and the ferries were obviously closed. I had to be at work as the exhibition was still going ahead (lots of overseas visitors!) so I hiked over from DB to Silvermine Bay and then took the bus to the airport. What an amazing walk...the wind at the top hill was incredible, needless to say that by the time I reached Silvermine Bay I was soaked to the skin...waterproof coverings had proved useless, however my trusty rucksack had the necessities...dry clothes, a hairbrush and a really nice piece of Jamaican Ginger Cake

One of my other brushes with HK weather was about 12 or 13 years ago after a very heavy night in Wanchai, we wandered aimlessly around in a black rain storm looking for a taxi to take us home to South Horizons...aimless wandering took us to the Hilton (as was)and then we took refuge (don't know why we bothered at this point, given we were both completely drenched) under the HK Bank and watched the storm pass over head.....quite magnificent. Whenever I walk under the HK Bank now, I think of that night!