Monday, May 09, 2005

Reasons to move house....

Just opposite my building is a laundry shop...over the last year or so it has served me well....wonderfully fresh smelling clothes, nicely folded so I don't need to iron, socks matched etc etc....added to the wonderful service was their pick up and drop off service and the fact that I could go for a few weeks without seeing them or money changing hands...they would just collect the dirty clothes and I would get nice clean ones outside my apartment when I got home with a note inside saying how much I owed....heaven on earth...

Until this weekend...when I got home, my laundry was outside my door as normal..when I opened up the laundry it smelt damp and musty...nothing was folded, nothing was paired...it was as if the evil elves had been in my laundry bag. So this morning, having a little time to spare before work I went down to have a chat with the owner...a wonderful lady, who speaks great English and goes by the name of Bowie! So I approach the counter and ask for Bowie, this guy then explains that she has sold up and moved on, horror upon horrors, so this will be my laundry lot for the future...

I tried to explain the problem to the gentleman but he just didn't get it....tomorrow I will take down an old sample of fresh smelling laundry and a more recent sample and show him the difference.

If there is no change I shall have to consider more drastic action!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home