Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Kitten has been fixed!

Given our impending departure for Bali, I decided I had to stop procrastinating in the 'fixing' of the kitten...procrastination was due mainly to the trek it takes to get to the vet (which will be described later!).

So last Thursday I dropped the kitten off at the vet before work for her little 'operation', instructions received from the vet were that I could pick her up after work on Friday. We agreed that I would come to the vets about 8-8:30 in the evening.

Friday at about 6pm my phone rang...the Vet..."Where are you? We are waiting"..I reminded them that we had agreed between 8-8:30..."I know, but I want to go home now, so you have to come now"...rushing anywhere in BKK traffic, during the rushhour on a Friday night..is just never going to happen...but, I downed tools immediately, bolted out the door and then sat in traffic for the next hour, finally reaching the vet at 7:15pm.

The Kitten looked very subdued, not happy...mainly due to the huge collar around her neck (exhibit A & B).





The collar meant that her sense of direction and balance etc were all over the place, when we got home she kept reversing everywhere, wouldn't turn round properly and kept stopping still in the middle of rooms and corridors...not a happy Kitten!

I had to take her back to the vet on Monday evening to have the wound checked. Appointment was for 6:30pm. The plan was to leave work at 5pm...this is how the evening panned out....

4:50pm - leave basement (second basement) office (no windows, no idea of weather outside) with the aim of getting a taxi...look out the window and realise it is pissing (and I mean pissing!) with rain...(exhibit C & D)




4:55pm - grab umbrella from unsuspecting colleague! And go stand outside in the rain

5:30pm - finally get a taxi...by now am soaked, head, shoulders, bag, trousers up the crotch..shoes ruined...all soaked...

6:30pm - finally get home ( a trip of normally 10 minutes) to grap unsuspecting and unhappy kitten.... Kitten has (I realise belatedly) ripped off her collar and when I go to look for it...she has hidden it somewhere...

6:45pm - call vets...tell them I'm late due to weather etc..but am on the way. Leave my flat...down to the road side...water by this stage about half way to my knees (I have changed to grotty trousers and flip flops and hence look a sight!)

6:47pm - it starts to rain harder (if that's possible) and the wind starts blowing too...therefore myself AND the Kitten are now soaking...and both fairly miserable...

7:00pm - finally a taxi arrives (and stops) that will take an animal and a wet gweipo/farang/wild woman of Borneo...all pile in...got to love that air con...take kitten out of box and put underneath my Tshirt to warm her up..or at least try to...

8pm - finally arrive at the vet; ignore comment from receptionst along the lines of "You're late and will have to wait for next appointment".

8:10pm - vet calls us in...all ok...come back Wednesday for the stitches to be taken out....

8:20pm - outside again, in the pissing rain, waiting for a taxi...

8:40pm - elephant comes out of a neighbouring soi...goes to the animal hospital..they open the doors, elephant kneels down sticks his head in the door and vet does something to its trunk - elephant then stands up and leaves...vet locks double doors - only in Thailand!

9pm - get a taxi...after having to agree to pay about 10 times the normal rate....

10pm - get home....

11pm - find the collar.....

Midnight - discover the Kitten happily watching TV!! (exhibit E)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I like your post and everything you share with us is current and very informative, I want to bookmark the page so I can return here from you that you have done a fantastic job
For information about Web Designing Dubai or Web Designing Karachi please visit website.

5:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home