Friday, May 02, 2008

This time it's personal...

For those following British news, you will be aware that yesterday saw council elections and voting for the new (or old!) London Mayor.

I am now so out of touch with British politics I just get the general jist of things from reading the papers, the Daily Mail is one paper that allows and receives comments.

Judging by the comments left on the Daily Mail's article about Labour's defeat at the polls; the only reason why the Tories have been so successful is because Labour seem to have really screwed things up of late and not because the Tories are so much better and offer that much better an alternative.

The elections for Mayor of London are a slightly different ball game. Here, I would beg to differ with Jakartass and my vote (if I had one) would be for Boris Johnson aka the man who pissed off Liverpool; the reason being...I really can't stand Ken Livingstone he sets my teeth on edge everytime I hear or see him...as I said...it's personal!

I wonder if Boris has cat?

Turn again, Whittington,
Once Mayor of London!
Turn again, Whittington,
Twice Mayor of London!
Turn again, Whittington,
Thrice Mayor of London!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jakartass said...

So, if either of us had had a vote they would have been wasted?

Note, Ma'am, that I too didn't find Ken appealing as a man, but I believe, as Boris does, that he is deserving of a lot of respect for what he's done over the years (36 as an elected councillor, MP, Mayor?) for London.

5:52 pm  
Blogger Jakartass said...

PS. Sorry. Forgot to say 'welcome back'. Been busy?

5:55 pm  
Blogger Madame Chiang said...

I agree. And Boris was actually quite effusive in his praise of Ken, I was impressed by that!

Thanks...have been quite busy...plus the writing mood rather deserted for a while...lots I wanted to write about, but the words just wouldn't flow!!!

6:27 pm  
Blogger Stephen Folan said...

Ken had run out of steam a few years ago and became the sort of politician he would have reviled. Boris will make mistakes but I hope he will have the drive that Ken once had and represent Londoners and not big business, planners and the Labour party.

8:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home