Monday, February 26, 2007

And I always thought it was James VI....

Yesterday's movie viewing was The Last King of Scotland.



It is an excellent movie and well worth going to see. The violence/atrocities shown towards the end of the movie were a little too much for me....and resulted in a few nightmares last night...but still worth going to see.

Forest Whitaker was outstanding and deserves every possible award that could possibly be given him. His accent alone was amazing.

I did fret at the beginning of the movie as I was totally unprepared, I had no idea what the story line was and I realised I really had only the vaguest idea of Idi Amin's story and the history of Uganda...I like to be prepared when I go and see movies! I guess it's a control issue! So after the movie I trawled the book shops at Greenbelt and Rockwell and couldn't find a single book on Amin or Ugandan history...fortunately a friend is off to HKG today...he may just find something for me.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi MC, Kung Hei Fat Choy!! as they say here.This may help
"The State of Africa" by Martin Meredith. Also confusingly called "The Fate of Africa" About post colonial africa and how it came about, covering not just Mr. Amin but many others.

3:40 pm  
Blogger expat@large said...

You should be able to get Giles Foden's novel somewhere around at the movie-tie in section. It's a great read.

5:56 pm  
Anonymous Dale said...

It won't really have success, I consider so.
free games for all | browser games | racing pc games | free pc games | free pc games to go

11:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home