Thursday, January 12, 2006

Holidays...

As of next Tuesday I will be holiday bound...Koh Samui beckons for 10 days...followed by 3 days in Hong Kong - actually more like two and half...

I have a stack of books at home waiting to be packed..plus my newly accquired water proof Factor 70 Sun Cream which no doubt will be used in the shade....I guess being a sun lover and going on a beach holiday and not being allowed in the sun is not the best combination...however...before 10am and after 4pm with sun screen on and I should be ok...allegedly! I think with all that I will come back whiter than I am now!!!

I sacrificed the trip to see Lawrence in London..it was tough but the decision was made easier by ordering this...some fantastic photos and material that I have never seen before...particularly the photos of him making his way from Saudi to Aqaba....The book kept me amused for the better part of two hours yesterday....I have always thought he was a bit of an odd character...even more so after reading some of the letters he sent on his final return to the UK...including one to a gentleman who was part of the police force of Trans-jordan....asking to 'be remembered to the Emir - if the Emir could remember him'....as if anyone who met him could ever forget...particularly the Emir...

This time next week then...I shall probably be.....asleep!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home