Friday, January 06, 2006

Christmas is over....

Discussions on promotions for Valentine's Day. Am I alone in loathing the 14th February with a passion...I have seen too many arguements, tears and divorces started on the 14th for it to be even vaguely romantic...also cannot bear pink flowers and gushing hearts...so one of my colleagues and I came up with something based around pink furry handcuffs and a whip....how badly do they need an Agent Provocateur in Manila?!!!!

Received an e-mail from an old (and very good) friend who is coming to Manila with his girlfriend...their holiday dates coincide exactly with my dates when I will be out of the country...methinks that his girlfriend had something to do with that...he and I had a little something going on way back in Jordan!!..apparently we will be in town at the same time for a few hours on 30th January...allegedly coffee could be allowed!

It is obviously the season for visitors...another friend of mine will be in Manila next week for a few nights...she is based in Cebu and travels around the region..this is her first visit to the big smoke and I sense a certain nervousness in her voice!! I will show her the more gentle sights...Greenbelt, Rockwell, the bay at sunset...not too sure if she is ready for big bad Mandaluyong yet!!!

The sink in my bathroom sprung a leak this morning...actually not so much a leak as a full scale flood...the U-bend seperated itself from the rest of the piping...whilst I was brushing my teeth...my one remaining good pair of black work shoes is now water and toothpaste stained...am thinking that I will have to run the gauntlet of shoe shopping in Manila afterall... but first, I need to check with a lawyer what the maximum penalty for GBH would be if it were committed under extreme shopping stress! Unfortunately not having a day off until next week means that I will have to invest in a bucket to go under the sink...

Today is offically the end of Christmas - Twelfth Night (or Epiphany) and my parent's 38th wedding anniversary...

And finally, is this not an unholy alliance. I realise that I know absolutely nothing about the Philippine political situation...however, as an outsider looking on...surely an alliance involving an ousted President who is at present (rightly or wrongly) having criminal charges laid against him - is maybe not the best method of attack against GMA...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately that ex-President still has substantial clout - particularly with the noisy lower classes

6:37 pm  
Blogger Madame Chiang said...

I do realise that...but I keep hoping that someone somewhere will see sense...I keep being reminded of a comment/quote (whatever - I can't remember) that 'people get the government they deserve'...it's a worry..

8:55 pm  
Anonymous Malcolm said...

Thanks so much for the post, pretty helpful information.
photography | airports in California | new homes in Stouffville

9:56 am  
Anonymous Britton said...

Very worthwhile piece of writing, thank you for this article.
Middle Eastern Style Beef

8:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home