Friday, December 16, 2005

Sad but true....!!!

I am sure I have mentioned it before...but I loathe cooking - I am not sure if the loathing comes from the fact that it takes too much time...or the fact that it is all just so much hassle...having said that, I greatly admire people who do cook; those who spend all day in the kitchen knocking up a meal for friends to enjoy - that really is a sign of friendship and dedication. Anyone who is foolish enough to come to the residence of Madame Chiang and expect dinner is going to be really, really hungry! I do, however, do an excellent line in cat food.

If push comes to shove and I have more than one day off then I have been drawn in to preparing dinner for friends...but these culinary soirees take on the mantle of a major military manouevre...choosing the recipes, writing the ingredients list, shopping, preparing etc...Unfortunately I am not one of those people who throws open the fridge and/or cupboard and immediately puts together a three course meal of a nice salad, a great pasta dish and a delicate little something for dessert. The reason I don't/can't/won't do this is probably down to the fact that my fridge/cupboard only ever contains a number of different cat foods, some packet noodles, baked beans, bread, Heinz tomato soup and marmalade.

Yesterday, when I got home I caught the last few minutes of Click Online one of the sites they were highlighting was Cooking by numbers...actually, a pretty good idea...you click what's in your cupboard or fridge and it comes up with what you can serve - unfortunately my available items produced beans on toast and a baked bean sandwich - nothing I couldn't have worked out for myself!

I would like to add in my defence...I can make good cheese and bacon muffins, an excellent creme brulee and a passable attempt at pear and port crumble! However, beans on toast are definetly my strong point!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home