Sunday, May 15, 2005

Travels with myself....

The Observer has an article which questions "Is there any uncharted wilderness left for today's explorers?" and then asks five explorers to list where else on the planet they would like to go....

It made me think that my wish list is fairly mundane - only limiting myself to the top five at the moment..otherwise I could be here all night...

1. Alaska - fly into Anchorage, drive north to Prudhoe Bay and south back through Canada to Vancouver

2. The train ride from Vladivostok to St. Petes.

3. South America - the whole thing...and then just tack on the Falkland Islands for the hell of it!

4. One of the Poles! What the hell...make that both of them!!!

5. Drive from Jordan to the UK.

Obviously this doesn't include cities that I would love to visit (and re-visit)and time I would like to spend exploring individual countries like the USA....



Somehow I don't think that Mark Twain & I would have been such good friends....

"Travel has no longer any charm for me. I have seen all the foreign countries I want to except heaven & hell & I have only a vague curiosity about one of those."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home