Friday, May 27, 2005

The power of music...

well a relatively calm weather cloud prevails over me at present...thanks in no small part to the wonder of my iPod shuffle on the way to work...how else would I end up with the following mood lifting (at least to me!) combination...

California Dreaming - Mamas and Papas
Peaches - The Stranglers
Beautiful Day - U2
Hammer to Fall - Queen
The Ballad of John and Yoko - The Beatles
Always the Sun - The Stranglers

So the world looks a happier place at the moment...although it will take a while for me to get over the shock of the bad night's sleep, mirror, bright light combination....have obviously reached that age when that is a nasty thing to have to deal with!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Spike said...

So one time in Manila, typically, the women in the office teamed up to take me out (and presumably to keep me out of trouble). After dinner they insisted on karaoke and after a few songs they insisted I pick one and sing it. I was with a group of six people, aged mid-20s to mid-40s. I thought I would pick a song everyone knew so that they would sing along and I wouldn't have to fly solo. I picked "California Dreaming." NO ONE ELSE knew it. They had never heard it before. I couldn't believe it!

Oddly, no Stranglers tunes available.

11:40 am  
Blogger Madame Chiang said...

how terrible...no tunes from The Stranglers...one of the greatest bands ever!

4:53 pm  
Anonymous Alvin said...

Thanks so much for the post, very helpful info.
employee schedule template | computer voice generator | gifts for grandparents

6:56 am  
Anonymous Martin said...

This cannot have effect as a matter of fact, that is what I suppose.
Snacks recipes

12:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home