Thursday, March 31, 2005

Only in Hong Kong #3, in a bit of doo doo....

How can it be, in a "world class city", with a population of 6.8 million, that the South China Morning Post uses this story (requires subscription)to take up the majority of the front page of the HK "City" Section....

Give me strength......

To cut a long story short (no pun intended!), Dou Dou the hound has, instead of being 'groomed', had all his hair shaved off at the doggy grooming salon. Allegedly, the hound is now suffering from depression.....his owner, Ms Louie said.......

"He is very self-conscious. He loves the mirror and the camera," she said. "He used to eat right in front of the mirror but now he just looks away from it ... I have never seen him this naked. I don't even know if he has any birth marks. How can I identify him?" she asked.

Meanwhile, Ms Louie - who says she is reserving her legal rights - has found a way to cheer up her fretting pet in the six months it will take for his coat to grow back.

"I am buying him more attractive and colourful outfits to make him feel better ... we have to cheer him up and let him know he is still handsome."
(SCMP)


I ask you....surely there must be more important things happening in this great city of ours......to slightly misquote Airplane...."There are...and stop calling me Shirley".

ok...now I feel a bit better....!!!! Thanks Dou Dou!

1 Comments:

Anonymous David said...

Gosh, there is a great deal of worthwhile material above!
private high schools | late term abortion clinics | abortion clinics

6:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home