Monday, February 14, 2005

Nothing like a little violence.......

Not being a great one for Valentine's Day and anything Pink...I thought I would do some quick research on what else happened on this date in history.....

In 1943 The Battle of the Kasserine Pass, The US' first major battle defeat in WW2

In 1929 The St. Valentine's Day Massacre took place in Chicago

In 1779 Captain James Cook was killed in Hawaii (then the Sandwich Islands)

In 1556 Thomas Cramner was declared a Heretic.
A little personal background on Cramner.... he wasn't burnt at the stake until March 1556 - (I forget the date - sorry). Cramner came to fame as he managed to get Henry VIII's divorce from Katherine of Aragon finalised and in the process made all future British Monarchs head of the English Church.

I always thought there was some other violence on this day...in France....but can't seem to find it......not sure what I am thinking of.....maybe the St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre........too many saints......too many massacres.......

2 Comments:

Anonymous Donald said...

I believe everybody should browse on it.
full version games online free | find best games | jogos gratis | no virus games | new puzzle games

10:12 am  
Anonymous Osborn said...

Well, I don't really think it may have success.
Auburn homes

2:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home