Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Always keep the curtains closed...

For years when visiting my parents I have always insisted on having the bedroom curtains closed most of the time and also the bathroom curtains whenever I am using the bathroom...possibly due to such a long period of time in HKG where everyone can see into the next building...

Now, my parent's house stands in 14 acres of land with not a house in sight...completely and utterly isolated...so nobody reasonably could look in the windows...so for years they have teased me unmercifully about my 'modesty'...

This morning, my mother went off to work and left me to get ready for my 'day out' with my Grandfather in London...as usual bedroom curtains are closed...go into the bathroom to have a shower and close the curtains...finish the shower...go over to the handbasin to put in my contact lenses, still not dressed,...as I am leaning over the sink there is a lound bang on the window next to me....thinking a bird had flown into the window I pulled back the curtain to have a look...and there....is the window cleaner!! I'm sure he has seen it all before...but possibly not at such close quarters!!!

As I said to my mother..."You could have bloody warned me"....


N.B. Will put in pictures of sheer isolation of house later on...

2 Comments:

Blogger glenzo said...

The tomb-like atmosphere of a continuously curtained room has always bothered me, particularly at night. My 2 cents!

11:37 pm  
Blogger Madame Chiang said...

I have to say that I don't really like it...but I do have rather an irrational fear of people staring in my windows...no idea why!!!!!

6:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home