Saturday, May 12, 2007

Election update....

Continuing from my previous election post...

City Boy and Island Boy are already on holiday and are in Cebu driving north for a few days at the beach....City Boy just texted me and tells me that they are driving through Danao City...aka the gun-making capital of the Philippines (we have a bit of a standing joke about this tendency of places here to label themselves as the 'something' capital of the Philippines!). Silly me, and I thought everywhere in the Philippines was the gun capital, however, after a little research I see that it's correct...apparently when the elections were announced..business heated up!

With the whiff of elections in the air, the gunsmiths of Danao City are working
overtime to meet demand for their signature .38-caliber revolvers.
"The orders start coming in three years in advance," said one weapons merchant,
who would not give his name. "If you don't have guns, goons and gold, you will
not win an election."


This from E@L - have swiped the picture - he won't mind, all things considered I think he owes me one!!!!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Mia said...

"he owes me one!!!!"

E@L you should get in there quick, sounds like you're on a promise.

6:20 pm  
Blogger expat@large said...

... actually Mia, all things considered, I think that was more of a threat ...

11:06 am  
Blogger Madame Chiang said...

Mia & E@L: How about a promise of a threat!

1:54 pm  
Blogger Mia said...

E@L: Yes, so I heard!

11:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home