Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Actually now you mention it....!

This morning's taxi experience....:

Taxi pulls over to the side of the road, I open the door, tell him where I want to go, he says ok, I get in....
He turns around to me and says..."Just one moment ma'am, I need to urinate"...so he hops out the car and goes and has a quick pee against the tree next to the taxi...
Being British I just sat and stared resolutely out the window in the other direction...

This evening's taxi experience....

Taxi Driver (TD): So are you here with your family?
MC: No
TD: Are you married?
MC:No
TD: Do you have a boyfriend?
MC:No

- Long pause whilst the driver thinks about this information....then....

TD:So do you have...a...a...sorry, can't think of the word....a Filipino that comes to your house to help you....
MC: Do you mean a helper?
TD:No, I mean someone that comes to help you with things...
MC: Do you mean a domestic helper...?
TD: No,...sorry, can't think of the word, have seen a film about it.....

- Another long pause......

TD: I know...do you have a gigolo?
MC: Snorted laughter...and then stunned silence.....

3 Comments:

Blogger nunu'smum said...

hahahahaha! ....to help you with 'things', that was hilarious... pinoy cab drivers, what a special breed

7:05 am  
Blogger Mia said...

OK, thats just brilliant!!

7:14 am  
Anonymous Owen said...

This cannot work in fact, that is what I consider.
mattresses on sale | social anxiety quiz | Banquet Halls In Chicago

10:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home