Thursday, November 10, 2005

An update...

As we call around our friends we are starting to get the measure of what has happened in Amman...when you work in the hotel business your friends and colleagues move on and spread out very quickly...I have friends who work at all three properties and have friends that frequent all three properties...my ex-boyfriend had his leaving party at the Days Inn...the Radisson was just across the way from our house. The Hyatt Lobby Lounge was where my boss and my flat mate and I used to retreat to in moments of despair...for peace and quiet and a gin and tonic!!

At the wedding at the Radisson SAS hotel, the bomb killed both the bride and groom's parents (both parents), a couple of waiters I knew, the band players and a couple of the DJs..all people I had worked with.

Apparently the city is a mess..although everyone has been expecting something like this for years, when it eventually happens the shock and horror is just too much.

I still haven't formulated my thoughts...still very upset. It has just struck me that I know more people in Amman that I need to call to speak to, than I did in London on 7th July. It is a times like this that you panic when people don't answer their phones.....

2 Comments:

Blogger glenzo said...

Its difficult for normal people to fathom the deranged thoughts that lead these Muslims to do these incredible acts of hate.

Its a terrible loss. I knew around a dozen people that I used to work with and ones that I used to do charity work with that lost their lives in the World Trade Center. Also a few rugby players in the Bali bombing.

These people are savages [not civilized people]and we have to keep that in the front of our minds at all times. The only thing that we can do is eliminate them.

3:59 pm  
Anonymous Barnard said...

Thank you for this post, really effective piece of writing.
jewelry stores in Atlanta | wife first anal | weather in Ireland

11:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home