Sunday, November 20, 2005

A rather odd evening...

When I left work last night there were two things that struck me as odd...the first was that it was actually quite cool outside...a very strange sensation..I arrived at work in hot, humid weather and left in cool (almost cold) dry weather, I have to report that this morning was back to being hot and humid.

The second thing that was strange was that even though it was 8:30pm on a Saturday night...the streets in Ortigas were quiet and even odder...SM Megamall was really quiet...there wasn't the usual fistfight necessary to get from one end of the foodcourt outside the supermarket to the other end...just a gentle saunter with no elbows required.

Was there something going on last night I didn't know about?

My trip to Megamall was to finally purchase some electrical goods for the house....vacuum cleaner, fans, toaster oven...so I pottered downstairs to the SM electrical appliances department and organised delivery of needed items...staff were very helpful and even put up with my little rant about "How the hell do you choose a fan...how is one of these different to the other?" (I mean, seriously, faced with a choice between about 50 fans, - yes, I counted - how do you choose one over the other? They all blow the air around, they all look bloody ugly, they all make a lot of noise and all offer the distinct possibility of loosing a finger (that would be me) or a tail (that would be Chairman Mao and Chiang Kai-shek)). Just as I was finalising the items I said to the sales assistant I am just going to go into the other part of the store and buy some things so it can all be delivered together..."Oh no ma'am, you will need to organise seperate delivery as this part of the store is not connected with the other"....same shop, same name...but not part of it. So I settle up for my electrical goods and wander back into the rest of the shop and there I find...another whole electrical goods department....could someone please explain that to me??!!

And finally, the selection and availability of Christmas decorations here is second to none....I am almost tempted to decorate the house. I say 'almost' because I stopped decorating the house about 6 six years ago after a rather unpleasant incident involving some christmas metallic streamers, a piece of poop and a cat's arse....I don't think I need to be more explanatory than that!! Anyway, the whole experience rather took the edge of Christmas decorating for me!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Madame Chiang said...

can you not work it out for yourself...surely.....?

cat swallowed metallic streamer, metallic streamer went through digestive system, cat's digestive system cannot dissolve a metallic streamer so metallic streamer comes out other end...with a piece of poop wrapped around the bottom...cat doesn't expel the complete streamer..so when I get home, cat is wandering around the house with a gold metallic streamer hanging out its arse with a piece of poop attached at the bottom....

Quite gross, particularly the following removal of the said streamer...hence no more Christmas decorations! Unfortunately Chiang Kai-shek (having her origins in a trash can) will eat anything she can get her teeth into....

4:06 pm  
Blogger Madame Chiang said...

I would imagine so!!!

the amusing part was the look on her face as she traipsed around the house with this thing hanging out her arse!!!

4:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home