Monday, July 18, 2005

the Book Tag...

Thanks to Manuel L. Quezon III....I will proceed to bore you stupid with my little world of books!!

I would like to point out that as my life is in a state of flux...my reading material is following suit!

Number of books on my shelves...at present only 15...about another 500 following close behind me

Number of books I own...over 1600 (at the last count about 3 years ago!)...in storage all over the UK...one day...one day...I hope to have them all together - that will be a good day indeed!!


Last five books I bought
The Manila Hotel - Beth Day Romulo
Cool Hotels Asia/Pacific - Design Pockets
The Balthazar cookbook - Keith McNally (I don't cook, but this is a great food reference book as well!)
Henry VIII - Alison Weir
The Clinton Wars - Sidney Blumenthal

Books I am reading now
The Manila Hotel - as above
Towards developing a Filipino Culture - F. Landa Jocano
War reporting for cowards - Chris Ayres
The Doomed Oasis - Hammond Innes - comfort reading i.e....have read it many, many times before
It gets better after Cairo - Trudy Culross - comfort reading
From the flight deck: Boeing 747 - LHR - HKG - Bruce Campion Smith
Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte - comfort reading

Last five books I read
60 Million Frenchmen can't be wrong - Jean Benoit Nadeau & Julie Barlow
Rules of Engagement: A life in conflict - Tim Collins
Running a Hotel on the Roof of the World - Alec de Soeur
Air Babylon - Imogen Edwards-Jones & Anonymous
America's Boy: The Marcoses and the Philippines - James Hamilton-Paterson

Books I'll Cherish.....now this is hard....so I just limited myself to the ones that live by my bed and get read and re-read and re-read!
Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte
It gets better after Cairo - Trudy Culross
A room with a view - E.M. Forster
Seven Pillars of Wisdom - T.E. Lawrence
Zemindar - Valerie Fitzgerald
Complete works of Shakespeare
Now we are six - A.A. Milne
When we were very young - A.A. Milne
Swallows and Amazons - Arthur Ransome
Mary, Queen of Scots - Antonia Fraser
The importance of being Earnest - Oscar Wilde
Far from the Madding Crowd - Thomas Hardy
Animal Farm - George Orwell
Hotel Babylon (the original) - Arnold Bennett
Rendevous with Rama - Arthur C. Clarke
All the Simon Schama - History of Britain books

Reading back through the list...it is rather an embarrassing collection...makes me out to be quite the airhead! Anyway...

I'm not too sure about the protocol now...am guessing that I pass this on to some people...so

Spike at Hongkie Town - he always seems to have some good book on the go...so am looking for some tips!

Stefan & Dave - ditto...I realise that their blog is not really suitable for the above...but maybe they could hide it away somewhere just for reference

James...to find out what a visitor to the Fragrant Harbour reads.

And finally....Mr Miyagi, for the Singaporean outlook...and because he's cute (hey.. I'm a girl after all!!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home