Saturday, April 09, 2005

and finally....the big day....

So it is finally happening, some thirty years after they first met and almost a century after her great-grandmother was knocking around with his great-great-grandfather......

Hard to describe what I think about the forthcoming events of the day....

1. Charles has gotten, that which was "non-negotiable" - good on him.
2. Those that are/have been calling for him to give up his throne...have to wait for him to have it before he can give it up
3. They obviously make each other happy - vitally important in a marriage, particularly one within royalty
4. I do wish that they had managed to get their act together earlier (much earlier) in order to save the emotional rollercoaster that was Princess Diana
5. Charles must remember that British memories are long....as/when and if he comes to the throne...do not impose Queen Camilla onto Britain....just the name alone is not royal enough!

Anyway, enough comments....

I hope the day goes well for them (heaven knows they have had enough turmoil getting to this stage). I hope that they will both be very happy and that this will be the last marriage for both of them...gainsaying the statistics.

On the same subject, but a different vein....I remember Charles' last wedding, sitting in my Grand-mother's flat in Royal Tunbridge Wells, with my parents and my brother, having egg sandwiches and copious amounts of tea!

This time around I will probably be working and will hopefully catch a glimpse of the wedding in summary on BBC world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home