Thursday, December 01, 2005

Too much sleep and not enough time....

Well another day off bites the dust...unfortunately half of it wasted in unplanned snoozing...I managed to get up early yesterday morning and started to clean the house, at about 11am I sat on the bed to talk to the cats (as you do when you are a mad old crone living with two cats!!) and next thing I knew it was 4pm....obviously I needed it..but what a waste.

Anyway, still managed a quick trip out...decided to go and forage for food at Greenbelt. By the time I got to Greenbelt I had finished the book in my bag (I love the traffic here!) and so had to drop into Powerbooks for a quick top up...I had always thought that the Powerbooks store at Greenbelt was pretty bad, however yesterday I discovered there was an upstairs! Don't ask me how I could have missed the massive staircase at the entrance - I obviously walk around in some weird cloud most of the time. Upstairs is a whole different world - food, design, world affairs and a great selection of biographies. Whilst roaming around upstairs I was convinced I could smell food - then thought maybe it was just the hunger kicking in...but as I rounded a corner I came upon this scene...

..nothing strange about a cooking demo except, this one was 100% silent - I have seen a lot of cooking demonstrations but the whole idea is that the chefs are supposed to be imparting information - at least about what steps they are taking in the cooking, at most little gems of advice from the guys in the white hats...but not this one - complete silence was the order of the day!

In search of food I went down to Cafe Havana, where upon I went off the idea of food and decided that Mango Daquiris were the order of the day - very nice and very strong, when you are sitting reading and knocking back a couple of those you don't realise how strong until you try and lumber out the restaurant dragging your newly purchased library behind you...so again, in search of food to mop up the alcohol I piled into a restaurant just around the corner, sat down studied the menu and made my choice whereupon I am told it is not available (well why the hell didn't you tell me when you gave me the menu?) - this happened twice at which point I gave up...I have too little patience for that sort of thing....so I settled for a hot chocolate instead - very, very nice....

So after two daquiris and a hot chocolate - dinner was not necessary!!! As I explored a little more of Greenbelt, I discovered the cinemas, 'Feels Like Heaven' was kicking off in two minutes so decided to give it a whirl...it's an ok movie with a few humerous moments - but just one question - as a ghost if she can walk through walls and tables, how come she can sit on a bench?

A little retail therapy took me to the SM at Glorietta - so much nicer than the one at MegaMall...and after a little tip off I discovered a more organised taxi queue than the one at Glorietta, however, this being Manila it makes more sense to walk past the taxi queue, stand on the corner and wait for the empty taxis that drive straight past the queue - will someone please explain why they do that - 50 people in a queue and they drive straight past...I have seen this happen a lot here! They don't make any extra money - well, they try, but it doesn't work and they seem to give up asing for the '30 pesos extra because of the heavy traffic' without too much of a fight.

The problem with sleeping through the day is that a midnight one is still bright eyed and bushy tailed...not good for sleeping for work the next day but excellent for West Wing viewing...Season Six is excellent, after the slight drabness of Season Five, Six has definitely picked up the pace.

A quick look at the news...

I see that GWB has decided that 'victory' is the word to use in relation to the America's time in Iraq. I have always agreed that they cannot leave until the violence there is resolved and Iraq is well on the way to rebuilding, however I also feel that maybe the word 'victory' implies that Iraq is going to become another American state.

Still on the subject of Iraq, I see that "one of" Saddam's uniforms is for sale on e-bay.

A few bloggers in the uk have got together to decide which British paper should be awarded the The Press Plagiarist Of The Year Award, this is for papers which cut and paste stories from bloggers side, often without asking permission, payment, recognition - or even all three. I seem to remember one of the HKG bloggers having this problem - but I can't for the life of me remember who it was....

Twice as many men in the UK are paying for sex as they were 10 years ago.

And in Hong Kong, Sir Bow-tie is using atelevision broadcast to gain support for his plans...and this is a great line..."Mr Tsang is still quite new in the job and if the opinion polls are to be believed, much more popular than his predecessor."...it is not hard to achieve that...the average dead fish would probably be more popular than Tung Chee-Hwa was..

....Makati this morning...shrouded in pollution/mist/cloud/a sheet, or possibly just completely uprooted over night!

Let sleeping cats lie...

and finally, very disturbing - not only did they shoot Bambi's mother but they then turned Bambi into pizza..

1 Comments:

Anonymous Elwyn said...

The dude is absolutely right, and there is no question.
canadian franchise business | rapid city hotel | mood stabilizers

10:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home