Saturday, October 29, 2005

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse....

left work at about 9:30pm on Thursday night with the plan of going back to my new apartment and unpacking a few boxes before falling into bed....

The Gods had other plans....got home, lock on front door didn't work....four hours later was finally in my house..took so long because when the locksmith finally turned up, he had forgotten his tools..........

Note to the wise...pizza delivery is quicker and the timing more accurate than getting a locksmith who allegedly is based just around the corner....second note to the wise... a locksmith here doesn't unscrew the lock and change it like in HKG - he picks the lock and then takes the lock apart to make sure your keys work in it....

So by the time he has finished it's about 1am...I have a cold pizza to eat...open the box and discover that my not really listening whilst I order has left me with a Hawaiian Pizza....I HATE pineapple on my pizza....so cold, congealed, pineapple pizza...yummy.

Unpack a few more boxes, working up a good sweat, down a few bottles of water...need the toilet....yup, you guessed it - toilet (both) and shower break...by this point I am seriously not happy...

Skip to the next morning, after about half an hours sleep, I summon my agent....she arrives and I vent my displeasure..I have to say that I was so angry that I actually can't clearly remember what I said...anyway the last I saw of my agent was as she ran out the front door - crying..I think she got the message as during the day a steady stream of people turned up to fix various things...

At some point in the proceedings I received a delivery....


As a result, for the rest of the day whilst unpacking and putting things in their place, little heads kept popping out from behind boxes and packages....





They had been travelling since about 3:30am on Friday morning, arrived at my house at about 5pm and then proceeded to explore the house, all evening and all night...this morning they actually looked tired!!!

So, finally yesterday evening at about 7pm I left the house in search of domestic items such as a brush, dustpan etc...and food...had not eaten since the cold pizza of the night before...

Went to MegaMall - Bad, Bad, Bad idea...payday, a sale night and a Friday night - with the mall open to midnight...couldn't have picked a worse night if I tried...anyway managed to get the basics and left the shop with all my shopping - about 10 bags plus brushes, mops etc - went out to the taxi queue...about 200 people waiting for taxis so after a moment of dispair I pulled myself together and collared an FX taxi driver (closest thing in HKG would be a red or green minibus)...his car was empty so I said to him I will pay whatever it takes but I want you to take me to my front door...so he packed me in the front seat with all my shopping, offered a few more people a ride and then we set off...it was great - door to door service and then finally when I got home, everyone piled out and helped me into my building with my shopping...not bad for 100 PHP...

So back home to clean...until about 3am this morning...fell into bed and then into work this morning...feel like crap, so tired and achy...but this was my view this morning as I had my cup of tea....



Next time I decide to move house/country....remind me of this post....

5 Comments:

Blogger Spike said...

but at least you have your kitties now!

12:52 pm  
Blogger Madame Chiang said...

too true....it definitely makes it a home!!

1:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah well, in at last. Hope everything goes well from now on --cute cats!

7:19 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful cats. Very interesting story. One week ago I had almost the same situation. I locked myself out of my apartment. It was the drama of the day. I needed to call out a locksmith to let me in. And I called to locksmith company. They said that locksmith will come in 30-40 minutes, but he came in 25 minutes. And I was surprised, because I thought that he will come after one hour, cause locksmith usually have a lot of work. He opened the car in 5 minutes. So, the locksmith was very handy for me in this tight situation.

11:26 pm  
Anonymous Rowland said...

Pretty helpful data, lots of thanks for your post.
Essex homes

11:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home