Tuesday, June 07, 2005

I am waiting and.....hoping....

These last few weeks I have been scouring the internet for news of one person...a guy who I used to work with in Jordan, a Jordanian who is at this moment in time somewhere on Everest...aiming for the peak...I know that time is running out as the season is ending imminently, I also know that the weather has been diabolical.....but I am still hoping to see a picture of him and his flag at the top of Everest...

Here is a little background reading on
Mustafa and this is his own website recounting his expeditions, with some great photos.

UPDATE

He was forced down by the group leader a few thousand feet from the top of
Everest. Had an ulcer caused by the altitude which was causing blood
poisoning. So he is apparently in hospital somewhere.

How sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home